Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Please find below a list of questions we are frequently asked, alongside helpful links and contact details to help you get in touch with the right people.

How do I apply for Citizenship?
The Citizenship Unit opening hours are Monday to Friday, 9.am to 4pm. For more details please contact the Citizenship Unit at: The Old Courthouse, St Albans Road East, Hatfield, AL10 0ES
T: 01707 897396
E: citizenship.unit@hertfordshire.gov.uk

How do I find out about roadwork’s near me?
To find out about roadwork’s near you, please visit https://hertfordshire.roadworks.org/. If you require further information, please visit Hertfordshire County Council’s website.

How do I apply for a Bus Pass or Disability Parking badge?
For information on bus passes and blue badges, please visit Hertfordshire County Council’s website or call 0300 123 4042

  • If you want to apply for a Blue Badge in Hertfordshire, you can apply online or by post.
  • If you are disabled and want to apply for a Bus Pass in Hertfordshire, you can apply online.
  • If you want to apply for an older person’s Bus Plass in Hertfordshire, you can apply online.

How do I register to vote?
You can register to vote at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.  Find out everything you need to know about voting in the UK here https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/

Can I pay my Council Tax?
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council administer Council Tax payments for the borough, please visit their website for details of payment methods or to pay online, or alternatively please telephone 01707 357000.

Can I apply for housing? Can I pay my rent?
For all housing enquiries, please visit Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council’s website – here you will be able to make an application for housing or pay your rent online.

How do I report a pothole?
To report any of the following faults; pothole, street lights, flooding, traffic signals, please use Hertfordshire County Council’s online fault reporting system or telephone 0300 123 4047

Can I order a copy of my marriage certificate?
To order a copy of your marriage certificate, please either telephone Hertfordshire County Council on 0300 123 4045 or visit their website.

Can I put my child’s name down for a school place?
To apply for a reception, junior and middle school place, please visit the Hertfordshire County Council website